Monday, March 15, 2010

The Ides of March - May it have better luck for me than Caesar

There is a certain irony that I'm starting my blog on the Ides of March. It was painful for Caesar but I'm hoping to spare myself his fate as I begin this Skinny World, Fat Chick blog - my sanctuary for round people.

Millions of dollars are spent each year on trying to get into shape and yet obesity isn't slowing down. If there is so much effort spent on losing weight, why are we failing? For most of my life, I answered that question with the thought that just crossed your mind - I failed. I didn't stick to the "plan". I gave up. It was all my freaking fault. Now, pass the ice cream.

Since diet solutions seem so easy, it clearly must my fault. Then a thought hit me - what if THIN has no idea what its like to be FAT? This revelation pushed me to create this blog about my big secret - I don't want to be fat (seriously, what little girl dreamt of growing up to the person that has to buy two plane tickets to ride an airplane?). Every Monday, I'm going to try (again) to lose the weight, based on advice from those wonderful skinny people but if the diet, exercise, product or recipe doesn't work, I'm going to spill all over this blog, like syrup on pancakes.

Put down the knifes. Put down the ice cream spoons. Join me on a journey to find out if there are any skinny people out there who have an actual plan to take a chuck of obesity, instead of just our wallets.

See you next Monday,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment